Friday, October 29, 2010

Hammock Envy

Oh, to be able to rest peacefully in a hammock. That is a desire of mine, for I have long been bound by back pain, and not able to enjoy something like that.

The simple things, like hammocks, in life are usually what we seem to enjoy the most. I think that's what bothers me the most about hurting my back, somehow, when I was a younger man. It is to the point now that I get pretty upset when I think about it because you only get one back. You're only allotted one in your lifetime, and if it gets damaged, you just learn to live with pain and that certain activities off limits. For instance, I cannot sit on the floor for any length of time to speak of because my legs go to sleep. This is very uncomfortable and a condition of the back injury. If I happen to choose to "tough" it out and sit on the floor anyway, I will regret it in the coming days in the form of a pinched nerve in my lower back. This pinched nerve shoots sharp blasts of pain down through my legs, usually one at a time.

I think what angers me most about the injury is that my ability to play with my infant son is hindered by my now handicap. I am very thankful for all that I am able to do, but I do wish, sometimes, that I did not have these problems every few weeks.

No comments: