Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Continuing Color

There are some things that you just expect to happen, especially after living a bit of life. For instance, if you step off of something, you expect to fall if nothing is beneath you. If you don't use an umbrella in the rain, you will get wet. Those are just a given. Then, there are some things that are not quite as certain, but they happen most year after year. For example, during the Fall, you expect to see colors of yellow and red, as they are old regulars around this time of year. However, you do not expect to see bright yellow, magenta and bright pink.

Surely, you say, I'm not implying that the trees are turning pink and bright yellow. You are totally right, I'm not saying that. I am saying, however, that if you look around, at least here in Mississippi, you will see many colors that are normally long gone by this time of year. We are having some warm weather, this last week in October, and the flowers in my yard are still blooming as if it's June. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving coming home to temperatures less than 100 degrees, while still enjoying the colors in the yard. It is just one of those things that I don't expect. The colors that surround me daily right now seem foreign, exotic.





Maybe, by Thanksgiving, it will be drab and dreary like usual. I'm not wishing for it, other than for the fact of normalcy.

No comments: