Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Painted House: Vol. 1

I was off from work this past week. You might think that I relaxed or took a vacation, but that would be wrong. I did pretty much nothing but paint the whole time.

The people that we bought this house from, painted everything in here tan: cabinets, walls, trim. Yikes! We had been living in an apartment for about two years at the time we bought this house, and were so happy to see some wall color other than white, we didn't even notice it. After a couple of months here though, we started to tire of the incessant tan that glared at us around every corner and in every room.

I took it upon myself to try to change some of that. I had already begun in the front room in our house. It is a sitting room, if you will. I had built the cabinet that I posted about many months ago, and begun to paint the trim back to white. I started there, and chose the living room as the other room to paint. We had already bought some paint colors for the walls in these two rooms. After finally getting both coats of paint on all of the trim (The final coat of trim paint too me 4.5 hours of solid painting one day...just in the living room), I needed to start on the walls. I have to give credit to Carla, one of my blessed siblings, for helping me out. She came over about three days this week to help in whatever way she could. She would bring her littlest one, or both of the children, and we would start to paint as they watched Cars, Ice Age II, or some other kind of video.

I am happy to say that I might be able to finish the painting (in these two rooms only) today. It depends on how the paint gods look down on me. Hopefully, I will have some great before and after photos for you all to look at.

Stay tuned.

No comments: