Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Dreadliest One Around

Dread.
It is such a weird thing. It can make you almost sick to your stomach. It is the anticipation of something bad that is going to happen, that usually doesn't happen. That is my case anyway. I usually get anxious with dread about something looming in the future. It is almost never as bad as it originally seems. I wish I could just look past it with an air of positive thinking. I wish it would not bring me down to the level it does. I think dread affects me so greatly, because I am a realist. I am not necessarily trying to be negative, but rather trying to look at life in a realistic way. Oft times, that is negatively. I do not directly set out to be negative though.

Dread is especially bad when you think something has passed, only to find out that the thing you are dreading, has come back again to haunt you. This has recently happened to me. I thought I was finished with something, only to find out that I didn't have all of the facts. I didn't have all of the information, and thus, I am right back to dreading my next course of action.

No comments: