Saturday, September 20, 2008

Long Day

Well, today was long. It started off with some back pain this morning. I have a pinched nerve that shows up in my back from time to time, and today, it was here in full uniform....ready to serve up some pain.

I had to work at the bank this morning. What a busy morning. Everyone wanted to come to the bank, for some reason.

I went to "The Ranch" (aka Mom & Dad's place) after work. I ate some lunch with them, and picked up my fresh tortillas that my mom brought back from Arizona earlier in the week. They are so good!

Came home then, and started prepping the cabinet doors for one of the final coats of white paint. I proceeded to paint it on them. (Pictures later...)

Finally, I went to the other work....Domino's at about 5:00. I was supposed to get off at 8:30, but didn't leave there until 10:00. Nuff said. When I got home, there was a Brandon cop car sitting in front of my drive way, and everyone was standing in front of my house. Well, needless to say, tons of things were racing through my head of what might be wrong. I was thinking, "The house was on fire....it was broken into....someone got hurt." Turns out, the neighbor directly across the street from us backed out his driveway and plowed right into a car belonging to Rebecca's friend, Jessica. The guy then drove off! Well, some other neighbors saw the whole thing, and walked down to their house (perp). They knocked on the door, and told whomever answered the door that they needed to call that guy back home, because they saw the whole thing. Evidently, the man that did the hit and run had some kind of "record," because he got in the cop car later and left with him.

What an interesting end to a very long day.

More later...

No comments: