Friday, September 26, 2008

iPhone-iPod Feature Madness


Okay, so overall, I love my iPhone 3G. That being said, there are a few things that I am not too crazy about. Some of them are because of negligence on the part of Apple/AT&T, but some of them are actually flaws.....unforseen flaws.

What I am referring to has to do with the iPod feature on iPhone. I use this feature a lot. I am constantly listening to music, Podcasts, etc. Well, to listen to stuff in my car, I use the cassette adapter (made by Phillips) that I have used for years with my other iPod. This adapter plugs into the iPhone through the headphone jack. It plays just fine, but for some reason, it causes problems with the iPhone remembering where the Podcast was the last time I paused or stopped it. This is a real problem for me. I cannot stand it.

A few things happen:
1. I will be playing a podcast, and when I pause the podcast and unplug it, it will take itself off of pause and start playing again. What in the world? It does this pretty consistently.

2. Another thing it will do is when I have had the iPhone unplugged from the adapter, and then plug it in, it will skip back to a part of the podcast that I have already heard. This is very frustrating because I am usually in my car, and I cannot drive and try to FFWD it to where I previously was in the podcast. Ugh!

This just goes against everything about podcasts. They are supposed to be "smart" playlists, where they remember your spot when you pause them. That is why they have become so popular, because you can leave them and come right back to where you were without missing a thing.

The most recent firmware update to 2.1 seemed to fix a lot of bugs and help the iPhone overall. However, I think the above mentioned problem has worsened since installing that new firmware.
Whatever am I to do?

No comments: