Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Mother's Worth

What is the worth of a mother? What can be put on paper to even quantify her worth?

I would argue...nothing. Not that she is not worth anything, but rather that you cannot quantify the value of such a role.

Take my mom, for instance...such a tough woman, able to withstand the battle of any of her four kids, yet gentle and kind at the same time. She taught me pretty much everything I know about the English language, as well as the arts. She loves classical music, specifically piano pieces, art and photography....which is probably why I like all of those things. She even attempted to teach me to play the piano when I was in 2nd grade, but I was unteachable and it did not stick. I wish now that I had stuck with it and mastered the instrument.

Another example is my lovely wife of almost six years that has been a mother of almost two years. Tough as nails. You would never know it from how often she cries, but don't let that fool you...she is tough. There was a joke around my house when she and I were dating and it was that she was "sturdy" for a little lady. She would get out there and work in the yard like the rest of us and then eat a big meal afterward like the rest of us. Not exactly the modus operandi of a little bitty thing. That quite impressed my dad, an old farmer boy from northern Alabama, and she has garnered favor from them ever since. 

I always knew Rebecca would be a good mother, which was one of the reasons I fell in love with her. She is probably one of the most caring people I've ever met and her patience seems never-ending with our kids. That is something that I definitely needed, as my patience admittedely runs thin quickly. I have been able to keep a higher patience level with the kids, but with other things, not so much.

Thank you, both of you, for investing so much time in my life and the lives of my children. The investment of your time and your worth is definitely not lost on me. Rebecca, I know our kids are too young to appreciate everything that you do for them, but thank you tremendously from the bottom of my heart.

Your worth is inestimable!

 

Mothers_day_blog_edit_006
Mothers_day_blog_edit_007
Mothers_day_blog_edit_005
Mothers_day_blog_edit_008

No comments: