Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Bit Nervous

Img_2509

Next week, I'm going to Las Vegas.
Yeah, I know...you're thinking I mis-titled this post. Well, it is not really a "pleasure" trip. I am going there for work.
There is a marketing and business development conference happening there. I don't know if it is actually a huge deal, or if it is all just hype, because I've never been there. Whatever the reason, it has me a bit nervous.
Some of that could be from the fact that I have not flown anywhere since June of 2007. Many of the flight rules have tightened since then, and I especially don't want to have to go through one of the backscatter scanners that the TSA is using on the general public now.
One other reason is that Las Vegas is a big city and I am definitely not used to that. I live in a rural city that is pretty small, and try not to venture into the big city of Jackson too often, if I can help it. I just hope I can find my way from the airport to the hotel. From there, I will not hardly need to leave, until Saturday when it's over.
Plus, I'm really going to miss this guy...he's just changing so much daily. I will have to get many photos sent to me, as often as possible.
I hope this weekend has a calming effect, rather than the opposite. Time will tell.

No comments: