Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wicked Spoon Buffet

When I hear the word "buffet," I automatically think of kind of mushy food & a lot of it. That was definitely not the case with the Wicked Spoon Buffet. You wait to be seated, after paying, by a hostess. Just to give you a feel for the size of this place, it can seat over 1,000 people. Once seated, my drink order was taken and I proceeded toward the buffet...or should I say three buffets. The same, stylish design was in the restaurant, as was in the whole hotel. It has a very 50's Modern Chic thing going on. I don't normally like this look, but it is very well done here. Stepping around the buffets...I didn't even see them all at first. I snagged an almond Danish...some bacon...and a smoothie with granola at the bottom of a cup of delicious, plain yogurt...topped with fresh blackberries, blueberries & raspberries. I retreated to my seat. After working on that for a bit, I wanted to explore some more. I found another part of the buffet that was unknown to me before. There was. Whole egg section...where you could have an egg prepared any way you like. I chose the omlette this time...topped with ham and cheddar. Delicious! After polishing that off...as well as my flavorful coffee and orange juice...I called it quits. I might return there again. Let's hope...

Photo

Sent from my iPad

No comments: