Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Whole New World

As I sit here, staring out an airplane window, I am in wonder at seeing a whole new world. I'm not talking about another planet or something outside of our universe...well, not far outside it. I'm talking about clouds. They're everywhere, but most days, we just look at them and don't give them a second glance. We might think..."Why don't you move, I'm trying to catch some rays," or, "Can you please not bring rain today?"

I think clouds have much different things on their mind though. As we skate along at thirty thousand feet, I notice a padded floor of whiteness. It goes for miles...maybe even hundreds of miles. Then, out of nowhere, a white mountain pops up. It reaches far beyond what the eye can see, or maybe the mind perceive. Those clouds probably think things more along the lines of, "This golden orange sunset really makes my day," or, "That blue sky is so good that we ought to part and share it with those far below."

It helps me keep in perspective that I am a very small part of this huge world. Never lose sight of that. *Composed at 30,000ft
*Sent later

Photo

Sent from my iPad

No comments: